Navigating an internship or job search can be enough work in itself without the added challenge of figuring out how your sexual identity may or may not play a part in the process. Below are several resources to provide advice, support and guidance.
- Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer Resources at Bucknell
- Federal Globe — Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual Employees of the Federal Government
- Gay Financial Network
- HOT Shots 2012 (eBook) — highlights and provides career advice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer college students transitioning from academic to the workplace, from those who have recently been there.
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation Workplace Project — a national source of information on workplace policies and laws surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity - including Best Places to Work
- Out & Equal — Workplace Advocates
- Pride at Work — affiliated as the newest constituency group of the AFL-CIO
- ProGay Jobs — Gay employment and job search website
- Queer Resources Directory
- The National Gay and Lesbian Task Force — civil rights and advocacy organization
See also: OUT For Work Career Center Library in Bucknell subscription resources, a compilation of the very best articles, websites, and books covering the span of LGBTQ specific issues when entering and settling into the workplace. Special access granted to Bucknellians for being a Gold Level certified career center.