Professional Associations can be excellent resources for career information and databases of jobs and internships. Membership is not always required to use the resources and if so, student memberships are often inexpensive.
Find additional resources in Bucknell subscriptions.
- The Art Deadlines List — Art contests and competitions, art jobs and internships, art scholarships and grants and fellowships, art festivals, call for entries/proposals/projects, and other opportunities, in all disciplines, for art students, art teachers, and artists of all ages.
- Art Jobs — Features a comprehensive list of frequently updated jobs, internships, fellowships, and other employment opportunities in all areas of the arts, including visual arts, performing arts, commercial art and design firms, film, public arts agencies, academic arts departments, galleries, conferences, commissions, non-profit organizations engaged in the arts and cultural policy, and more.
- CyberDance: Ballet on the Internet — CyberDance is an extensive internet dance database containing thousands of links to classical ballet and modern dance resources on the Internet.
- Musician Wages.com — A comprehensive library of tips, document templates, interviews and other resources for career musicians of all stripes.
- Showbiz Jobs.com — A career center dedicated to matching professional candidates and media enterprises since 1996. Focuses on job disciplines that drive the Entertainment business. Operations, accounting, finance, marketing, sales, legal, graphic arts, production, post-production, production management, internships and administration, etc.
- Smithsonian Opportunities for Research and Study
- World Wide Arts Resources — Site for contemporary art, art news, art history, contemporary artist and gallery portfolios, online.
Industry: Business and Economics
- American Economics Association
- Careers in Business — Designed to help people find satisfying jobs in the business world. Opportunities specifically for financial people or technical people with financial expertise.
- Corporate Finance Institute
- Bureau of Labor Statistics — The principal Federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy. Its mission is to collect, analyze, and disseminate essential economic information to support public and private decision-making. Website has information about trends, occupations, salaries, etc
- Public Registrar's Annual Report Service — Provides free annual reports of public companies trading on the NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, OTC and TSX exchanges.
Industry: Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Media
- Education Week and Teacher Magazine — Specialty news source that raises the level of understanding and discourse on critical issues in American education.
- k12jobs.com — A comprehensive resource for teachers/educational administrators. State certification requirements, salary indexes, job listings and career fairs within school districts across the nation are all a part of this useful website.
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Pennsylvania REAP Program — Pennsylvania School Applications Network is Pennsylvania's premier national online recruitment and application service for educators.
- Teachers-Teachers.com — Find a great education job. Service is free to teachers, administrators, speech pathologists and other personnel looking for job opportunities.
Industry: Environment/Green Jobs
- Envirolink — The EnviroLink Network is a non-profit organization which has been providing access to thousands of online environmental resources as well as jobs in the environmental industry
- Energyjobs.com — A website dedicated to the energy industry, job listings and job searching advice included.
- Environmental Careers — ECC assists individuals and employers alike, in matching top candidates with today’s top green employers. With 25+ years in the field, ECC has extensive experience to help guide you.
- Rainforest Action Network — Rainforest Action Network campaigns for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life by transforming the global marketplace through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action. Also has job postings.
- Sustainable Business Network
Industry: Government, Public Service
Industry: Non-Profit and Human Services Organizations
Industry: Recreation, Sports, Summer Camp and Seasonal Positions
Industry: Research Experiences
Industry: Science, Math, Tech
- Aquatic Network
- Career Tech — An interactive online publication for engineering and computer science grads.
- CDF Jobs Database — Contains a searchable database for positions in computational fluid dynamics that includes career, summer and post-doc positions. Includes international positions.
- Carleton College Dept of Physics and Astronomy
- Department of Energy Labs and Facilities
- Medzilla — resources for employment in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, science
- Medical DeviceLink
- National Science Foundation (NSF)— Employs scientists, engineers, and educators on rotational assignment from academia, industry, or other eligible organizations to further the agency's mission of supporting our entire spectrum of science and engineering research and education.
- New Scientist Jobs — Search the database for hundreds of science jobs. Registration is free and you can upload your resume, set up email job alerts, subscribe to RSS feeds and apply for science jobs online.
- PhDs.org — Jobs in Math, Science and Engineering. The goal of the site is help students to prepare for the changing demands of today's job market and to provide a voice for early career scientists.
- Science Careers Dedicated to being the world leader in matching qualified scientists with jobs in industry, academia, and government. Provides all the necessary career resources for scientists as well as effective recruiting solutions for employers.
- Space Careers- Lists job openings and information about prominent companies in the aerospace industry.
- U.S. Fish & WildLife Service Careers in Conservation