Before You Apply
BPIP Internship Fund Information Sessions are offered throughout the fall and spring. Announcements of CDC workshops and events are sent out regularly through the CDC Career Insider blog and listed on the Bridge calendar.
Students are advised to have their resume and personal statements reviewed prior to submitting them. Stop by the CDC and meet with a CDC student intern or a Career Counselor (by appointment or during Quick Questions, M-F, 1:30-3:30 p.m.) to have materials reviewed. Students can also schedule an appointment with a counselor by emailing the CDC at email@example.com.
When students secure a phone/in-person interview with an organization, they need to be sure to discuss the following items:
- BPIP Internship Fund guidelines, in particular, the required number of hours and weeks, including start and end dates of the internship
- Specific substantive projects and responsibilities
- Name and contact information of their supervisor
Once a student has secured an internship, he/she will need to ask the sponsoring organization to complete the Organization Form Letter, which must be on the organization's letterhead and provide the following information:
- Preliminary internship responsibilities
- The learning opportunities available through the internship
- The organization's assurance that the student has secured the internship
- Details pertaining to start/end dates and hours per week
This is a competitive selection process. It is in the student's best interest to apply to other internship opportunities and/or summer jobs in addition to the BPIP Internship Fund.
Students studying abroad during the spring semester are eligible to apply to the BPIP Internship Fund and must submit their application and Organization Form Letter by the application deadline.
** The BPIP Internship Fund Selection Committee reserves the right to refuse any internship based on consensus of the committee.
Review the Application Rubric to be sure you have everything the Selection Committee requires.
How to Apply
The BPIP Internship fund application must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 25, 2019. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
As part of the application, you must upload the following documents in pdf format on the application itself (use the link in the paragraph above to access the online application). You must also apply on The Bridge and upload your résumé there as well.
- Résumé: it is suggested that you have your résumé reviewed by the CDC before submitting your application.
- Personal Statement: A one-page Personal Statement, with your name and the name of the organization listed at the top left corner of the document, will describe the organization, your internship responsibilities, and how this internship fits in with your personal career goals.
- Internship Information Document: A document that contains the position description, educational objectives, learning activities, and self and supervisor evaluation processes. See below to download document template.
- Organization Form Letter: (printed on the organization’s letterhead) outlining your preliminary internship responsibilities, the learning opportunities available to you through the internship, the organization’s assurance that you have secured the internship, and details pertaining to your start/end dates and number of hours per week.