On-campus services are offered when the University is in session. See fall and spring exceptions and special events following this list.
- Rooke Chapel Congregation (Protestant): An ecumenical celebration of Christian worship. Rooke Chapel is an open, welcoming, intergenerational faith community. Sundays, 11 a.m., Rooke Chapel; www.orgs.bucknell.edu/rcc
Contact: Rev. Dr. John Patrick Colatch, University Chaplain, email@example.com
- Roman Catholic (Christian): Masses: Saturdays, 4:30 p.m., Rooke Chapel; Sundays, 4 p.m., Rooke Chapel. For weekday Mass and Sacrament of Penance (Confession) schedule see: www.orgs.bucknell.edu/ccm
Contact: Father Bernard Wamayose, Chaplain for the Catholic Community, Newman House, x73766, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jewish: Kabbalat Shabbat Services, Fridays, 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner, Berelson Center for Jewish Life (632 St. George Street)
Contact: Rabbi Chana Leslie Glazer, Chaplain for the Jewish Community, Berelson Center for Jewish Life, x72273, email@example.com
- Muslim: Daily prayers and gatherings, South Campus Apartments, Building 2, First Floor
Contact: Mouhamadou B. Diagne, Chaplain for the Muslim Community, x71061, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orthodox (Christian): Compline Prayers, Wednesdays, 6 p.m., Rooke Meditation Chapel; Vespers, Saturdays, 6 p.m., Rooke Meditation Chapel; monthly Sunday Divine Liturgy: Aug. 27; Sept. 17; Oct. 22; Nov. 5 at 10 a.m., Bucknell Hall. Contact: Professor Alf Siewers, email@example.com or Fr. James Chuta, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pentecostal Christian: The Gathering, Sundays, 6:30 p.m., location to be announced.
For more information about religious programs and groups on or off-campus, please call the Office of Chaplains and Religious Life at 570.577.1592.
Rooke Chapel Accessibility
Parking for people with disabilities is available in the Stadium Drive lot. An accessible ramp is located on the right side of the Chapel. The ramp for drop-off may be accessed by turning onto the driveway opposite the Weis Center on Dent Drive. There is an accessible sign at the entrance to the driveway. Drive to the ramp adjoining the chapel portico and exit back out onto Dent Drive to one of the parking areas. An accessible gender neutral bathroom is located in the Chapel to the left upon entry. In addition, both the Meditation Chapel and the center rear entrance of the chapel are accessible. Please advise the Chaplains Office if you have a person with a disability and require information on accommodations. (Phone: 570.577.1592 or e-mail email@example.com)