EatWell is Bucknell's online tool that allows students, faculty, and staff to make educated food choices. This service allows visitors to:
- View nutrition information for individual items, or calculate the nutrition of an entire meal.
- Filter menu options by allergens.
Most importantly, EatWell provides information to enable students, faculty, and staff to learn healthy eating habits and choose well balanced meals.
How do I use EatWell?
- Go to www.bucknell.edu/eatwell, or visit one of the EatWell kiosks located in the Bostwick, Bison, or Terrace Room.
- Choose the dining facility you plan to visit or have visited (Bostwick, Bison or Terrace Room).
- Select the food station(s) you plan to visit or have visited.
- Choose the menu items you want analyzed.
** Don't forget to change the standard serving size (located on the right) to reflect your actual portion size.
- It's easy to get nutrition information by simply hovering over the desired items. Or you can select the item(s) you want to review, and then select "Item Nutrition".
- To get your entire meal's nutritional information, select the desired item(s) and click "Add Items". You will see your options in the upper right corner under "My Meal". By clicking "Meal Nutrition" you can review the total nutritional content of your selected meal.
Use the Allergy filter to control which foods are displayed. The most common allergies are listed in the lower left corner. Check all of the allergens you want to avoid and those food items containing the allergen will no longer be displayed on the menu. For example, if you check the allergen box for milk, only menu items without milk will appear on your list of menu choices.
The nutritional information from Bucknell Dining found on EatWell is also available on MyFitnessPal.com and the free myfitnesspal mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find nutritional information about food served at Bucknell?
Visit www.bucknell.edu/eatwell, to find out nutritional information about food options. Review nutrition content of items before you choose what to eat. Calculate your meals total nutrition values and filter menu options by allergens.
You can also visit our Nutrition & Allergies page to learn how Dining Services can help with special dietary considerations.
How are values calculated in EatWell?
EatWell's nutrition analysis is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Information is established on USDA information, standardized recipes and ingredient labels. All information is approximate, as nutrition values are susceptible to change.
How do I estimate the portion size of the food I eat?
Follow this link for a food portion guide (pdf).