Do I need to sign up for a meal plan every semester, including senior year?

University policy states that all students living on campus must purchase a meal plan each semester. If you are an active member of a Bucknell fraternity, and you are billed through the University for a fraternity meal plan of equal or greater value to the minimum University dining dollar plan, you do not need to purchase a University meal plan.

If I live off-campus, what meal plans are available to me?

As an off-campus non-resident student, you are not required to buy a meal plan, but they are all available to you. Meal plan selection may be done online in myHOME.

How do I sign up for a meal plan?

Meal plan selection is done online in myHOME at the end of each semester for the next semester. Students who do not make a selection will be assigned the default meal plan for their class year.

Which meal plan should I choose?

First-year students must purchase one of the Anytime Access meal plans. For upper-class students, any meal plan is available and selection is based on personal choice and which locations you plan to dine in most frequently. Students who eat almost exclusively in retail may find a Dining Dollar plan most effective. Those who plan to eat frequently in Bostwick may prefer to be on an Anytime Access plan. For those looking for a mixture of both retail and Bostwick, Combo plans are available with both swipes and Dining Dollars. If you’re unsure which plan will work best for you, ask your friends to see what option they’re planning to select.

How are meal plans billed?

Students are billed for the meal plan they have before the initial b-bill is processed. Any changes after that will be reflected on the b-bill, and questions regarding this process can be sent to

What are Bostwick To-Go Meals?

If you are in a hurry, you can give your BU ID to the cashier and receive a carry-out container. You will have a short period of time to quickly get something to take with you. The carry-out option is available until 9 p.m. nightly and can only be used once per meal period — breakfast, lunch and dinner. The meal is meant to be representative of a meal eaten in Bostwick.


What are Dining Dollars?

Dining dollars are funds held in a debit card-like account — a convenient no cash way of buying meals and snacks at all on-campus dining locations. Dining dollars can be used at any location, including Bostwick Marketplace, to purchase food through the Catering department, or gift baskets online at Dining dollars are NOT transferable or refundable. They may not be used as a means of payment for a University-sponsored catered event with or without expectation of reimbursement.

Can I add more Dining Dollars during the semester?

Yes, you can. Additional Dining Dollars may be purchased online at: or at any of these four convenient campus locations: the Bucknell University Dining Office, the Bison, the Commons Café, or the Finance Office.

Do remaining Dining Dollars carry over to the next semester?

Yes, Dining Dollars carry over from semester to semester and year to year, but they become invalid upon graduation or separation from the University.

How can I find out how many Dining Dollars I have left?

Your remaining Dining Dollars balance can be found by logging in to myBucknell or by visiting the University Dining Office or the Finance Office.

Can I use my Dining Dollars for Catering?

Yes, contact our catering department 7-1869 or to schedule an order. You can book any size catered event using our available catering guides and seasonal menus, or even birthday cakes. More information is available online at

What if I have both Dining Dollars and Campus Dollars?

If you have both Campus Dollars and Dining Dollars, Dining Dollars are used first at all on-campus dining venues.

Can I use my Dining Dollars off campus?

No, Dining Dollars can only be used at on-campus dining locations and cannot be used for purchases off campus.

Can I use my Campus Dollars off campus?

Yes, you can use Campus Dollars off campus at participating local merchants. For additional information, visit

Can Campus Dollars be used at dining locations?

Yes, Campus Dollars can be used at all dining locations. Campus Dollars do not replace the requirement for student living on campus to purchase a meal plan each semester. Find additional information regarding Campus Dollars online at


How do I pay for entry into Bostwick?

Students on Anytime Access or Combo plans use swipes for entry into Bostwick. All other students can pay the meal period door rate by using Dining Dollars, Campus Dollars, cash, or credit card.

How can I pay for food in The Bison or other retail locations?

All retail locations are a la carte pricing and students may use Dining Dollars, Campus Dollars, credit card, or cash to pay for purchases.

How do I pay for guests?

You may use cash for all meals. You can use Dining Dollars or Campus Dollars to pay for guests at the Bostwick Marketplace or Terrace Room. Students who choose the Combo meal plan can use one of their swipes to cover a guest's meal. Each of the Anytime Access or Anytime Access Plus meal plans comes with a set number of guest passes that may be used to cover guest meals. Guest passes are only valid for the current semester's meal plan.


My student has special dietary considerations. Can Dining Services help?

We understand how challenging dining with special dietary needs can be. We encourage students and parents to contact a dining services manager to discuss dietary needs or allergy concerns. An outline of the systems we have put into place to meet the needs of our guests who require special dietary concerns is available online at

What accommodations are available if I have a disability?

If you have a need for accommodations regarding a documented disability, there is a specific application for you to complete called the Meal Plan Accommodations Form from the Office of Accessibility Resources (OAR). We require students to have both the Student and Professional Meal Plan Accommodations Forms completed and returned to OAR.

For all inquiries regarding meal plan accommodations, please contact:

Heather Fowler, Director
Office of Accessibility Resources
227 Marts Hall
570.577.1188 or


What if I have a question that's not answered here?

E-mail us anytime at, or call us at 570.577.1240. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have.