External Funding | Federally Funded Grants

External Funding

Individuals incurring expenses under external funding shall adhere to BTP except where the grant terms are more restrictive. In instances where the grant terms are more restrictive than BTP, the individual is responsible for compliance. Additionally, the University does not cover the cost of alcoholic beverages purchased by individuals while on University business.

Federally Funded Grants

For federally funded grants, Bucknell University is required to follow the regulations as outlined in the OMB Circulars A-110 and A-21. For a more comprehensive list on travel cost regulations as outlined in the A-21, Cost Principles for Educational Institutions, please see Travel Costs under section J found at: www.whitehouse.gov/omb/circulars_a021_2004/#j.

Federal travelers are required by 49 U.S.C. 40118, commonly referred to as the "Fly America Act," to use United States air carrier service for all air travel and cargo transportation services funded by the United States Government. One exception to this requirement is transportation provided under a bilateral or multilateral air transport agreement, to which the United States Government and the government of a foreign country are parties, and which the Department of Transportation has determined meets the requirements of the Fly America Act. For further details and information on possible exceptions, please refer to: www.gsa.gov/portal/content/103191.

The federal government has mandated that no alcohol may be charged as either a direct or indirect expense of federally-sponsored projects.