WHAT IS WORKDAY?
Workday is a human resource, benefit and payroll application with a modern, intuitive interface that supports employees and managers in a wide variety of ways.
- As an employee, you can access this one-stop HR, Payroll and Finance system to view and update an assortment of employee personal information, such as contact information, pay slips and tax information. Exempt staff will access Workday to view and request time off.
- As a manager, you can access workforce planning reports, approve time-off, and, view essential organizational and cost center data.
REASON FOR CHANGE
The tools we currently rely on to manage human resource and financial data are antiquated and have grown to be a burden rather than a resource. That is among the principal reasons Bucknell is reimagining its HR and finance systems and transitioning to Workday.
IMPACT OF THE IMPLEMENTATION
Workday will change the way Bucknell conducts business by automating, streamlining, and standardizing current business processes in HR and financial management.
- Workday offers new and improved features and processes
- Enables people and teams to collaborate more easily
- Gives people the information they need to be effective and efficient
- One source of data for decision making enterprise-wide
- Better controls
- Change culture
- Leverage modern technology incorporating best practices, with easy to use mobile tools on any device
- An enabling system that supports teaching, learning & administration
MORE ABOUT WORKDAY
- Object-oriented database
- Uses a concept of "worktags" that are associated with data to provide enhanced flexibility in reporting, data entry and navigability
- Intuitive, easy to learn
- Can use search or drill down menus. Data is related to various worktags.
- Modern architecture reflects best business practices. Streamlines work and efficiency.
- Workday will be going live in April 2018. View a more detailed timeline.
- Learn more about the testing process.
- Additional information about training is forthcoming.