Director, Modern Hebrew Studies Program
- Ph.D., Comparative Literature, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2012)
- M.S.T., Jewish Studies, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK (2008)
- M.A., Comparative Literature, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2006)
- B.A., Poetics and Comparative Literature, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel (2001)
- Modern Jewish literatures (especially in Hebrew, English, and Yiddish)
- Literature of the Holocaust
- Narrative theory
- Teaching Modern Hebrew as a foreign language
- Modern Hebrew language
- Modern Jewish literature, culture, and history
- Israel studies
- Jewish-American literature
- The Bible in modern literature
"The Poetics of the Other Planet: Testimony and Chronotope in Ka-Tzetnik's Piepel." in Annette F. Timm, ed. Holocaust History and the Readings of Ka-Tzetnik. With the assistance of David Tall (London: Bloomsbury Publishing, 2017).
"'Count him a human being': David Grossman's See Under: Love and Holocaust Perpetrators in Israeli Fiction." Prooftexts 35:1 (2016):13-24.
"Ka-Tzetnik's Moral Viewpoint." Partial Answers 14:2 (2016): 275-298.
"The Limits of Holocaust Representation in the Fiction of the 1948 Generation according to Moshe Shamir's "The Second Stutter." Studies in Israeli and Modern Jewish Society [Iyunim Betekumat Israel] 23(2013):176-203 [in Hebrew].
"Chelm as Shtetl: Y. Y. Trunk's Khelemer khakhomim." Prooftexts 29:2 (2009): 242-272.