- B.A., History, Amherst College
- M.A., Nationalism Studies, Central European University, Budapest
- M.A., Sociology, University of California - Los Angeles
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of California - Los Angeles
Current Courses Taught
- SOCI 100: Introduction to Sociology
- SOCI 247: Political Sociology
- SOCI 316: Globalization and Social Conflict in the 21st century
- Political Sociology & Comparative Political Economy
- State Building and Institutions
- Comparative and Historical Methods
Baltz, Matthew J. (2015). Protecting citizens in hard times: citizenship and repatriation pressures in the United States and France during the 1930s. Theory and Society, 44(2), 101-124.
Baltz, Matthew J. (2017) "Institutionalizing neoliberalism: CFIUS and the governance of inward foreign direct investment in the United States" Review of International Political Economy, 24(5), 859-880.