- Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University
- Language variation and change
- Stigmatized Spanish varieties
- Creole languages (Palenquero)
- African American Vernacular English
- Hispanic linguistics
- History of the Spanish language
- Field and research methods
"Addressing questions of grammaticalization in creoles: It's all about the methodology", in (eds.) Heiko Narrog and Bernd Heine, Grammaticalization from a typological perspective. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
"Habitual aspect marking in Palenquero: Variation in Present Temporal Reference." Selected Proceedings of the 6th Workshop on Spanish Sociolinguistics, ed. Ana Carvahlo and Sara Beaudrie, 97-108. Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Proceedings Project.