Professor emerita of Spanish and comparative literature
Visiting Scholar, Harvard University
- Ph.D., Duke University
- Spanish Comedia and Shakespeare (see chapter in Teaching Early Modern Spanish Drama, ed. Margaret Greer and Laura Bass, MLA, 2006)
- Early Modern Spanish Theatre
- Twentieth-Century Spanish Theatre (especially Lorca)
- Advanced Spanish Language through Literature and Film
- "Reading" modern productions of Spanish Golden Age Theatre and Shakespeare
- Homage Volume: Shakespeare and the Spanish Comedia: Translation, Interpretation, Performance. Essays in Honor of Susan L. Fischer. Ed. Barbara Mujica (Bucknell University Press, 2013)
Reading Performance: Spanish Golden Age Theatre and Shakespeare on the Modern Stage (Tamesis, 2009)
Self-Conscious Art: A Tribute to John W. Kronik (Editor, Bucknell University Press, 1996)
Book Chapters / Articles
"Jacques Vincey’s ‘Business in Venice’ in a French Supermarket: Shakespeare’s Merchant and Perceptions of ‘Anti-Semitism’.” Cahiers Elisabéthains, 95 (1) (2018).
“Romeo and Juliet in British Culture: In Fresh Performance by The Royal Shakespeare Company.” “Romeo and Juliet” in European Culture. Eds. Juan Francisco Cerdà, Kirk Delabastita, Keith Gregor. John Benjamins, 2017. 227-245.