Due to an overwhelming response, all of our registration openings are filled.
If you have questions about your existing registration or would like to be included on a waiting list, please contact Meg Martin at 570.577.2820 or email@example.com.
Friday, Nov. 1, 2013
11:15 a.m. – Registration
Bucknell University, Elaine Langone Center, Room 213
Noon - 1:30 p.m. – Keynote address and lunch
Learn more about the pioneering work of Geisinger Health System in providing high quality, lower-cost health care.
- Welcoming remarks by Amy Wolaver, Ph.D., co-director of the Bucknell Institute for Public Policy
- Glenn D. Steele, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., President & CEO of Geisinger Health System, "Health Care Reform Post ACA – The Geisinger Model "
1:45 - 2:50 p.m. – Session 1 "Value-Based Care, the Provider Perspective"
How can providing a guarantee to patients for their healthcare increase quality? Learn how Geisinger is using health information technology to support new models of care delivery and to more effectively connect with patients and families.
- Alfred S. Casale, M.D., Geisinger Health System – "Creating Value by Redesigning Acute Care: Geisinger's ProvenCare Program"
- Jonathan Darer, M.D., Geisinger Health System – "Disruptive Innovation, Health Information Technology and Driving Value in Health Care"
3 - 4:10 p.m. – Session 2 "Assessing the Evidence for Wellness and Other Approaches: The Employer Role"
Do wellness programs actually work? What is the best way to evaluate the impact of wellness programs on employee health and healthcare costs?
- Dennis Scanlon, Ph.D., Penn State University
4:20 - 5:30 p.m. – Session 3 "Community Health Building in Rural PA"
How can communities improve the health of their residents?
- Carl Milofsky, Ph.D., Bucknell University
- Sharon Larson, Ph.D., Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
5:30 - 7 p.m. – Reception and dinner with keynote address
Why do we need reform? How can we harness the knowledge of different disciplines to create new innovations in health care?
- Timothy McBride, Ph.D., former Associate Dean for Public Health, Brown School at Washington University, St. Louis, "Bending the Curve - Why We Need Transdisciplinary Analysis"
Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013
8:30 - 9 a.m. – Informal networking and breakfast
Bucknell University, Academic West Event Lounge, Room 111
9 - 10:10 a.m. – Session 1 "Bioinformatics and Targeting Medications and Vaccines"
How can data mining the genetic code of viruses improve our treatment and prevention efforts?
- Brian King, Ph.D., Bucknell University with students Charles Cole '14, Brigitte Hofmeister '14, and Rachel Ren '15
10:20 - 11:30 a.m. – Session 2 "ProvenHealth Navigator®: Patient-Centered Medical Home"
How does Geisinger Health Plan collaborate with providers to facilitate better management of patient diseases to prevent and lower future health care costs?
- Janet Tomcavage, R.N., M.S.N., CAO, Geisinger Health Plan
- Daniel Maeng, Ph.D., Geisinger Center for Health Research
11:40 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. – Session 3 "Innovations in Provider/Payor Relationships"
What are new ways insurers can partner with providers to increase quality of care while reducing health care costs?
- Ray Roth, D.O., M.B.A., CMO, Geisinger Health Plan - "Keys to Future Partnerships between Providers & Payors, including Medicaid "
- Panel Discussion:
Ellen Krajewski, President, CEO, Susquehanna Community Health and Dental Center
JanAnn Todd, Certified Application Counselor, Susquehanna Community Health and Dental Center
1 - 2:30 p.m. – Lunch and closing panel
What is the big picture? How can we bend the curve on healthcare costs?
Moderated panel, "Integrated Care and Interdisciplinary Approaches: Evolving the Model for the United States Healthcare System" with:
- Amy Wolaver, Ph.D., Bucknell University (moderating)
- Timothy McBride, Ph.D., Washington University, St. Louis
- Susan Snyder, Ph.D., Geisinger Health System, Health Economics
- Denise Prince, M.B.A., M.P.H., System VP, Geisinger Health System, Value Based Care
- Bruce Hamory, M.D., Geisinger Health System, Managing Partner, Geisinger Consulting Services