- B.S., Lehigh University
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Materials and polymer science
- Transport operations
- Gas and liquid transport in polymers
- Plastics recycling
- Polymer surface modification
- Polymer blends and filled polymers
- Tau Beta Pi
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching, Bucknell University (2001)
Harner, J., Raymond, T.M., and Csernica, J., "The Mechanical Properties of Flyash Filled Polystyrene: Using Surface Modifications to Tune Mechanical Properties", Journal of Polymer Engineering, 27(5), 371, 2007.
Csernica, J., Ganesan, S., "Mechanical Properties and Effect of Coupling Agent in a Polystyrene/Flyash Composite", Journal of Polymer Engineering, 25(1), 1, 2005.
Csernica, J., Stolk, J., Hanyak, M.E., Subramanian, V., "BIPMAP (Binary Isomorphous Phase Map) – An Interactive Computer Tool for Phase Diagram Instruction", Standard Experiments in Engineering, Materials Science and Technology, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, SP-211735, Hampton, VA, 627, 2002.
Csernica, J.J., Hilliard, P.R., and Vincenti, P.J., "Cosmetic Composition Containing Cellulose Esters", United States Patent 6,387,356, 2002.
"Effect of Plasticizers on the Properties of Polystyrene Films," Journal of Chemical Education, 76(11), 1526, 1999.