- A.S. in Biological Science, City College of San Francisco, California (1974)
- B.S. in Biological Science, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Alaska (1976)
- Certificate, Internet Programming, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (2000)
- Training in Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry. Perkin-Elmer, Seattle, WA. (1980)
- Training in Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry. Virginia Institute of Technology, Blacksburg, VA. (1992)
- Training in Continuous Flow Analysis. Perstorp Analytical, Wilsonville, OR. (1993)
- Training in MicroGC Systems. Hewlett-Packard, Wilmington, DE. (1998)
- Training in GC/MS. Agilent Technologies, Alpharetta, GA. (2009)
- Training in HPLC. Dionex Corporation, Bannockburn, Il. (2010)
- Laboratory Director: January 2009 - Present. Bucknell University, Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- Laboratory Instrumentation Manager: July 2001 - December 2008. Seattle University, School of Science and Engineering.
- Science Coordinator/Lab Manager: 1999-July/2001. University of Washington Bothell.
- Research Associate: 1987-1999. University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Instructor: 1988-1991. University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Consulting Chemist: Summer 1991. VRCA Analytical, Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Research Technician: 1978-1987. University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Luong,Huan V. and Hsing K. Lin. 1999. "Remediation of Soil Contaminated With Organic compounds." United States Patent Number: 5,855,797
Luong,Huan V., Hsing K. Lin, Howard Fruwirth, and George S.Mueller. 1999. "Large-Sample Accessory For A Gas Chromatograph." United States Patent Number: 5,997,615
H. K. Lin and H. V. Luong 2004. Column Leaching for Simulating Heap and In-situ Soil Remediation with Metallic Fenton Reaction. Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering 3(1), 33-39 (2004).
Luong,Huan V. and Hsing K. Lin. 2000. Controlling The Fenton Reaction For Soil Remediation. Analytical Letters 33(14), 3051-3065 (2000).
White, D.M., and H. Luong. 1998. Pyrolysis-GC/MS Analysis of Contaminated Soils in Alaska. Journal of Cold Regions Engineering. March, 1998: 1-10.
White, D. M., and H. Luong. 1997. Predicting Diauxy During Bioremediation in Organic Soil. Pages 430-435 in I.K. Iskandar, E.A. Wright, J.K. Radke, B.S. Sharratt, P.H. Groenevelt, and L.D. Hinzman, editors. International Symposium on Physics, Chemistry and Ecology of Seasonally Frozen Soils.
Brown, E.J., S.M. Resnick, C. Rebstock, H.V. Luong, and J. Lindstrom. 1991. UAF radiorespirometric protocol for assessing hydrocarbon mineralization potential in environmental samples. Biodegradation 2: 121-127.
Plonski, B.A., H.V. Luong, and E.J Brown. 1990. Arsenic sorption by chitosan and chitin deacetylase production by Mucor rouxii. Biorecovery 1: 239-253.
Hong, S., H.V. Luong, D.R. Maneval, and E.J. Brown. 1988. Biological benification of an Alaskan ore. The Northern Engineer 20:11-14.
Luong, H.V., J.F. Braddock, and E.J. Brown. 1985. Microbial leaching of arsenic from low sulfide gold mine material. Geomicrobiology Journal 4:73-86.
Braddock, J.F., H.V. Luong, and E.J. Brown. 1984. Growth Kinetics of Thiobacillus ferrooxidans isolated from arsenic mine drainage. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 48:48-55.
Brown, E.J., H.V. Luong, and J.M. Forshaug. 1983. Geomicrobiology of arsenic associated with gold deposits in Alaska. Pages 571-580 in G. Rossi and A.E. Torma, editors. Recent Progress in Biohydrometallurgy. Assoc. Min. Sarda, F., and F. Paretti. Grafiche-Firenze, Italy.
Brown, E.J., H.V. Luong and J.M. Forshaug. 1982. The occurrence of Thiobacillus ferrooxidans and arsenic in subarctic streams affected by gold mine drainage. Arctic 35:417-421.