- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2006
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2010
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2013
- Design theory and methodology
- Preference modeling
- Computational design and optimization
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Manufacturing Processes (MECH 355)
- Senior Design Project Advisor (MECH 403)
- Graphics for Design/Manufacture (MECH 202)
- Solid Mechanics (MECH 353)
Sylcott B., Michalek J., and Cagan J., 2013, "Towards Understanding the Role of Interaction Effects in Visual Conjoint Analysis," Proceedings of the ASME 2013 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE), Portland, Oregon, USA.
Sylcott B., Cagan J., and Tabibnia G., 2013, "Understanding Consumer Tradeoffs Between Form and Function Through Metaconjoint and Cognitive Neuroscience Analyses," Journal of Mechanical Design, 135(10), p. 101002.