Fedora is the home of all of Bucknell's Digital Library content, and is available through any web browser at http://fedora.bucknell.edu. Features include:
- A user friendly interface for browsing and searching digital collections.
- Ability to create, share, and export custom image groups.
- Single Sign On Authentication with other Bucknell systems such as myBucknell and Zimbra webmail.
- Storage and access to non-image objects such as PDF, audio, and video files.
- Integration with the Cooliris browser plug-in for web-based presentations and 3D viewing of image galleries.
Contact Brody Selleck (email@example.com)with any questions about Fedora, or to arrange a hands-on training session.
The Digital Initiatives Group encourages faculty, staff, and students wishing to create and manage personal collections of images to use Picasa. Picasa is a free tool available for PC and Linux users. A Mac version is expected to be released in the future. Contact Dan Mancusi for help using Picasa. Details about Picasa are available here.