Paula Closson Buck is Professor of English. Her interests include creative writing and modern British and American literature.
- Ph.D., Ohio University
- Creative writing: poetry, fiction, and the travel inspired essay
- Contemporary American literature
- Creative writing (poetry)
- Modern British and American literature
Current Projects and Research Interests
- Prof. Closson Buck is at work on a third book of poems, a novel set in Venice, and some short stories drawing on travels to India. On a Fulbright fellowship in Cyprus for 2014, she will work collaboratively with a Cypriot visual artist.
The Acquiescent Villa, a book of poems from Louisiana State University Press (1998)
Litanies Near Water, a book of poems from Louisiana State University Press (2008)
Individual poems have appeared in Agni, Agni Online, Gettysburg Review, Laurel Review, Shenandoah, Southern Review, and other magazines. "The Sea Grass Icons," a novel excerpt, was recently published in Southern Review.