Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and the American College Test (ACT)
Bucknell University requires all applicants to take the SAT or the ACT. Please note:
- Bucknell will select the highest result presented from the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math portions of the SAT.
- Bucknell will accept current and redesigned SAT scores for admissions consideration. Applicants may submit scores from either test. Learn more about Bucknell and the new SAT.
- SAT Subject Test results are not required for admission; however, students may submit their SAT Subject Test scores as supplemental information to their application. Bucknell does recommend the test in foreign language for any student planning to enroll in foreign language coursework.
- Bucknell University SAT & ACT Codes (CEEB)
-- SAT: 2050
-- ACT: 3528
English Language Testing
Applicants for whom English is not the first language or whose primary language of instruction for at least three years of secondary school was not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. This requirement can be waived by permission; please ask your school counselor or school official to send a written waiver request to email@example.com for consideration.
- Minimum TOEFL score is 100 on the internet-based exam (iBT) and 600 on the paper-based exam.
- Minimum IELTS score is 7.