- Assist the University in its mission and its efforts to increase the diversity of the Bucknell campus community: students, staff, faculty and administrators.
- Foster positive relationships between the University, multicultural students and black alumni to build and maintain a strong network.
- In collaboration with the Griot Institute for Africana Studies, maintain historical records that detail and highlight significant milestones in Bucknell University's African-American history.
- Communicate information among the membership.
- Improve awareness of the Edward McKnight Brawley Fund and its supported student activities toward a goal of increased alumni participation.
- Through the WE DO Campaign, engage black alumni as donors, volunteers and advocates for Bucknell.
- The Bucknell University Black Alumni Association meets twice a year during Homecoming Weekend and Reunion Weekend.