- Ph.D., University of Cincinnati
Areas of Interest
- A philologist specializing in historiography with particular interest in ancient biography, Plutarch, and narrative theory.
- A field archaeologist working with the Institute of Nautical Archaeology since 2000 to excavate ancient Greek and Roman shipwrecks of the coast of Turkey. In this area she concentrates on the utilitarian wares and crew's personal items.
- Greek and Latin literature and history
- Latin language
- Roman history and culture
- Ancient seafaring
- Plutarch and Ancient Biography
- Narrative theory
- Nautical Archaeology and Ancient Shipboard Life
"Competition in Context: philonikia in Agesilaus-Pompey." Ploutarchos, n.s., 10 (2012/2013) 63-74.
"Agesilaus the Puppet? The Effects of Thematic Development on Plutarch's Story of the Accession." Illinois Classical Studies, vol. 39 (2014) 39-62.
"The Plainware Pottery" (Forthcoming in the final publication of the Tektaş Burnu Shipwreck from Texas A&M University Press)
"Bones, Stones, and Metals" (Forthcoming in the final publication of the Tektaş Burnu Shipwreck from Texas A&M University Press)