The curriculum in Spanish encompasses three levels.
- Early courses focus primarily on language acquisition, with a secondary focus on cultural competency (101 through 208).
- At the next level, courses introduce students with early advanced language proficiency to the breadth and diversity of the literature and cultures/civilizations of the Spanish-speaking world (220, 222, 270, 280, 285).
- At the highest level, our courses provide an in-depth study of an author, period, genre, or issue in Hispanic literature or culture (300 and 400-level courses).
- Course Catalog information (including the specific major and minor requirements)
- Current Course Offerings
- FAQ covering topics related to placement and AP credit, sequence and numbering of courses, the major and minor, and study abroad