December 21, 1929 The Bucknell Board of Trustees unanimously approved a motion by Mr. William H. Thompson, of Hightstown, New Jersey, that the Board complete the payment for the farm purchased by Judge Albert W. Johnson, for the purpose of constructing a golf course.
February 19, 1930 Dues for all members as originally established were as follows: Regular Members, $30; Associate Member (Female), $20; Student Members, $10; Summer Students $10.
February 28, 1930 Professor James P. "Scottie" Whyte announced that Mr. Emil Loeffler, noted golf architect, had been retained to design the course, his brother, Mr. Archie Loeffler supervised the construction of the golf course at a cost of $15,000, a major part of which was borrowed on the endorsement of several members, namely, Frank Burpee, "Scottie" Whyte, James McClure, and Robert Matz.
October 31, 1930 Ernie Graner, '33 was the winner in the 18-hole medal tournament held as a feature of the formal opening ceremonies of the Bucknell Golf Club, held on Homecoming, 1930. His score was 88.
Spring 1931 Harold L. Evans came to Bucknell Golf Club in the spring of 1931 as Caddie Master under Professional Murray Butler. He succeeded Butler in 1932.
July 1, 1932 The golf course is entered on the University books at $9, 500, with the note that it was purchased with a gift of $6,000 from William H. Thompson, a member of the Board of Trustees, and collections from members, most of whom were Founders of the club, in the amount of $3,756.
Spring 1947 The original 9 hole layout was substantially changed in 1947, when # 3 was altered by the elimination of the dogleg around the old barn and parking lot. The original # 3 green was abandoned, along with the # 4 tee and fairway. The revised # 3 included most of the old fairway, the old # 3 tee, and an enlarged # 4 green. At the same time a new par 3 hole (#7, now 16) was created by turning the # 8 tee 90 degrees to the left and building a new # 7 green and a new #8 (now #17) tee.
Spring 1964 The course was expanded to 18 holes by the addition of the Herman farm west of Smoketown Road, which had been purchased by the University in 1947 at a cost of $9,000. Golf course architect Edward Ault, of Silver Spring, Maryland redesigned the course. He added a large pond (#12 & 13) to the old layout, placed five new holes (# 4, 10, 12, 13) out of the original acreage. The cost of these improvements was $76,000.
Summer 1967 Difficulty in growing grass on the red shale of the five new holes across the road led to the installation of a fairway watering system, including a pond in front of # 9 to serve as a reservoir for the water supply. Total cost of these improvements was $25,000.
Fall 1973 The green of # 16 was reconstructed and a bunker was added in front of the green, at a cost of $6,000.
Fall 1978 Harold Evans was named Senior Professional.
Spring 1979 Wendell B. Bertram was promoted from Assistant Professional to Golf Professional.
October 5-12, 1979 The Bucknell Golf Club celebrates it's 50th Anniversary. The festivities were finalized with a Golf Clinic and Exhibition by Dave Marr, 1965 PGA Champion and ABC Sports Commentator.
July 14, 1987 A proposal regarding the Bucknell Golf Club Practice Range Facility was presented by the Bucknell Golf Club Board of Directors to the Bucknell University Board of Trustees. The project was approved and the Practice Range opened for use in the spring of 1988. The total coat of the project was $21,750.
August 1989 Nicole Danforth, a member of Bucknell Golf Club won the Pennsylvania Women's Amatueur Championship contested at Gulph Mill Country Club.
June 15, 1990 The new clubhouse facility opens. The project consisted of new dinning area and kitchen, new men's and women's locker rooms and updated pro shop and office space. Contributions to the clubhouse project totaling $1500,000 helped to defray the cost of $570,000.
March 9, 1991 The new practice putting green opened. "The Evans Green," as it was named with a gift from James and Patricia Apple, was built according to guidelines provided by the United States Golf Association.
June 28, 1991 Dedication of the new clubhouse facility. Gary Fry, President of the Bucknell Golf Club, provided opening remarks detailing the steps taken by the Board of Directors from the origin of the project in 1986 until its completion. Ellis Harley followed and closed the dedication with recognition of a special gift. Fred Kessler '62 and Virginia Reeser Kessler '63 were honored for their contribution to the Bucknell Golf Club Clubhouse Facility by naming the tenth hole in their honor.
December 11, 1991 Jeff Ranck reported to the Board of Directors that the search for a superintendent had concluded. The position was offered to Charles Lincicome of Parkersburg, West Virginia. Charley had previously been the Superintendent of Parkersburg Country Club.
April 15, 1993 Bulldozer breaks ground on the site of the new Cart/Picnic Pavilion. The Cart/Picnic Pavilion was completed in June at a total cost of $70,231. This structure was created with the dual purpose of housing the cart fleet and giving our food and beverage operation room to accommodate large groups that cannot be accommodated in the clubhouse dinning room.
August, 1996 The addition of irrigation to all greens, tees, and any fairways not yet having water was completed after a 4 year long project. The system is automated which will allow for more precise schedules and amounts of water on the course. The total cost of this project was $250,000.
December, 1996 In consultation with Golf Course Architect Ron Force, renovations of bunkers throughout the course was undertaken at a total cost of $92,000. New Drainage was installed, bunker faces built up, and areas were sodded with a fine fescue grass. Architectural changes to many of the holes included removal of all bunkers around # 7 green and the removal of the mound to the left of and bunkers to the right of # 9 green.
August 1997 Brian Sachs won the Pennsylvania Men's Senior Amateur Championship at Glenmaura National Golf Club. Brian is also a five time Bucknell Golf Club Men's Champion.
January 1, 1998 Don Lowe takes over as the new Head Golf Professional, succeeding Wendell Bertram who retired after 19 years of service.
March 2, 1999 The Board of Directors voted in favor of the Search Committees recommendation to hire Jeff Marks as Bucknell Golf Clubs fifth Head Golf Professional.
March 1, 2000 Brian Kelly is named as Bucknell Golf Club's sixth Head Golf Professional.
March 9, 2001 New Maintenance building is completed to house golf course equipment and Superintendents office.
Summer 2002 James Bohn won the Pennsylvania Men's Mid-Amateur Championship at Williamsport Country Club. Jim is also a three time Bucknell Golf Club Men's Champion.