Engineer Networking Events
- Connections for Engineers event is held in the fall semester for first year engineering students enrolled in ENGR 100.
- Engineering Career Networking event is held in the spring semester during Engineering Week. Alumni return to campus to talk with students about their represented career field-what it entails, trends, future direction, typical internship or entry level positions, and other pearls of wisdom they might want to share.
Both events co-sponsored with BEAA.
Professional Societies and Associations
These can be a great resource for information about the industry. The following is a list of organizations that are active on campus with Bucknell Student Chapters. Learn more about each in the Involvement Network.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE)
- National Society for Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Tau Beta Phi (engineering honor society)
Engineering Employers (data provided by Buzzfile)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- AfterCollege, Inc — An online resource affiliated with the engineering departments at Bucknell; includes job postings.
- Career Tech — An interactive online publication for engineering and computer science grads.
- CDF Jobs Database — Contains a searchable database for positions in computational fluid dynamics that includes career, summer and post-doc positions. Includes international positions.
- Carleton College Dept of Physics and Astronomy
- Civil Engineering Central
- Department of Energy Labs and Facilities
- Energyjobs.com — A website dedicated to the energy industry, job listings and job searching advice included.
- Engineering News-Record — Provides weekly updates of design and construction related openings posted in the ENR magazine.
- Entry-Level Engineering Jobs from Engineering Central — Lists many entry-level jobs for a wide range of engineering fields across the nation with some postings in California.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. Career Services
- Medzilla — resources for employment in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, science
- National Science Foundation — The National Science Foundation (NSF) employs scientists, engineers, and educators on rotational assignment from academia, industry, or other eligible organizations to further the agency's mission of supporting our entire spectrum of science and engineering research and education.
- New Scientist Jobs — With New Scientist Jobs you can search the database for hundreds of science jobs. Registration is free and you can upload your resume, set up email job alerts, subscribe to RSS feeds and apply for science jobs online.
- PhDs.org — Jobs in Math, Science and Engineering. The goal of the site is help students to prepare for the changing demands of today's job market and to provide a voice for early career scientists.
- Science Careers — Science Careers is dedicated to being the world leader in matching qualified scientists with jobs in industry, academia, and government. Provides all the necessary career resources for scientists as well as effective recruiting solutions for employers.
- The Sloan Cornerstone Center — Resource for anyone interested in exploring career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computing, and healthcare.
- Space Careers — Lists job openings and information about prominent companies in the aerospace industry.