- B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S.E., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Chemical Engineering, Princeton University
- Ph.D., Chemical and Materials Engineering, Princeton University
- Post-Doctoral, Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University
- Materials science and engineering
- Materials and energy balance
- Introduction to chemical engineering
- Process and product design
- Polymer processing and characterization
- Nanoscale blends and composites
- Sustainable engineering
E.V. Miu, A.J. Fox, S.H. Jubb, and K. Wakabayashi, "Morphology and Toughness Enhancements in Recycled High-Density Polyethylene via Solid-State Shear Pulverization and Solid-State/Melt Extrusion", Journal of Applied Polymer Science 133, 43070 (2016).
K. Wakabayashi, "Active, Collaborative Learning via Real-World Projects with Local Industrial Clients: Materials Selection and Product Design in an Upper-Level Undergraduate Elective", Journal of Materials Education 37, 185 (2015).
A.M. Whittington, S.M. Brouse, M.A. Malusis, and K. Wakabayashi, "Efficient Fabrication of Polymer Nanocomposites with Effective Exfoliation and Dispersion by Solid-State/ Melt Extrusion", Advances in Polymer Technology 32, 21334 (2013).
P.J. Brunner, J.T. Clark, J.M. Torkelson, and K. Wakabayashi, "Processing-Structure-Property Relationships in Solid-State Shear Pulverization: Parametric Study of Specific Energy", Polymer Engineering and Science 52, 1555 (2012).
K. Wakabayashi, "Simple Visual Demonstration of Phase Diagram Concepts for an Introductory Materials Science Course Using Colored Solvents", Journal of Materials Education 33, 263 (2011).
P.J. Hubert, K. Kathiresan and K. Wakabayashi, "Filler Exfoliation and Dispersion in Polypropylene/As-Received Graphite Nanocomposites via Cryogenic Milling", Polymer Engineering and Science 51, 2273 (2011).