- B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Lafayette College
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, University of Delaware
- M.A. in Urban Affairs and Public Policy, University of Delaware
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, University of Delaware
- sustainable transportation rating systems
- transportation adaptation practices in response to climate change
- resiliency of transportation corridors
- sustainable infrastructure performance metrics
- sustainable engineering education
- Transportation Engineering
- Sustainable Engineering
- Urban Transportation Planning
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
Oswald, M., and Treat, C. (2013). "Identifying Sea Level Rise Vulnerability Using GIS: Development of a Transit Inundation Modeling Method". International Journal of Geoinformatics-Special Issue on Climate Change, Vol. 9, Issue 1.
Oswald, M., and McNeil, S. (2013). "Climate Change Adaptation Practices in Support of Mitigation: Evaluating the Progress of Transportation Planning Agencies." International Journal of Climate Change: Responses and Impacts, Vol. 4.
Oswald, M., and McNeil, S. (2013). "Methodology for Integrating Adaptation to Climate Change into the Transportation Planning Process", Public Works and Management Policy, Volume 18, Issue 2, pp. 145- 166.
Oswald, M. and McNeil, S. (2013). Application of the Climate Change Adaptation Tool for Transportation (CCATT): Case Study on the Mid-Atlantic Region, Journal of Transportation Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 139, No. 4, pp. 407-415.
Oswald, M., and Treat, C. (2013)."Assessing Public Transportation Vulnerability to Sea Level Rise: Case Study Application". Journal of Public Transportation, Vol. 16.3.
Oswald, M. (2012) "Measuring Sustainable Transportation: Integrating Social Sustainability Indicators into Transportation Rating Systems". International Journal on Environmental Sustainability, Vol.
8 (1), 101-114.
Oswald, M., Li, Q., McNeil, S., and Trimbath, S. (2011). Measuring Infrastructure Performance:Development of a National Infrastructure Index. Public Works Management and Policy.
Oswald, M. (2011). Development of a Decision Support Tool for Transportation Adaptation Practices in Response to Climate Change, Doctoral Dissertation, University of Delaware: Newark.
Oswald, M., and McNeil, S. (2010). Rating Sustainability: Transportation Investments in Urban Corridors as a Case Study. Journal of Urban Planning and Development. American Society of Civil Engineering. 136 (3), 177-185
Oswald, M., McNeil, S, and Ames, D. (2009). Evaluating the Current State of the BosWash Megalopolis Corridor and Indicators of Resiliency. 5th Annual Inter-University Symposium on Infrastructure Management Conference Proceedings. University of Iowa: Iowa City.