(on leave fall 2015)
- B.S., Virginia Tech, 1986
- M.S., Virginia Tech, 1990
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University, 1999
- Pennsylvania State University, 1999 - 2001
- Bucknell University, 2001 - present
- Circuit theory
- Wireless system design
- Phased array antennas
- Evolutionary optimization methods, esp. particle swarm optimization
- Computational electromagnetics, esp. the FDTD method
- Reactively controlled array antennas
- 1989-1990 Atlantic Aerospace Electronics Corp., Greenbelt, MD
- 1991-1993 Information Systems Laboratories, Vienna, VA
David F. Kelley and Timothy J. Destan, "Investigation of the Null Steering Capability of Yagi-Uda Arrays with Variable Reactive Loads," Proc. 2008 Antenna Applications Symposium, Monticello, IL., Sept. 2008, pp. 306-325.
David F. Kelley, Timothy J. Destan, and Raymond J. Luebbers, "Debye Function Expansions of Complex Permittivity Using a Hybrid Particle Swarm-Least Squares Optimization Approach," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 1999-2005, July 2007.
Matthew E. Mims and David F. Kelley, "Application of Particle Swarm Optimization to the Design of Multi-Band Antennas with Lumped Loads," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, vol. 4, Albuquerque, NM, July 2006, pp. 3547-3550.
David F. Kelley, "Embedded Element Patterns and Mutual Impedance Matrices in the Terminated Phased Array Environment," Proc. IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, vol. 3A, Washington, DC, July 2005, pp. 659-662.
David F. Kelley and Samuel D. Reier, "Efficient Pattern and Impedance Bandwidth Analysis of Reactively Steered Arrays," Proc. 2004 Antenna Applications Symposium, Monticello, IL, Sept. 2004, pp. 99-116.
David F. Kelley and Raymond J. Luebbers, "Piecewise Linear Recursive Convolution for Dispersive Media Using FDTD," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 792-797, June 1996.
David F. Kelley and Warren L. Stutzman, "Array Antenna Pattern Modeling Methods that Include Mutual Coupling Effects," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1625-1632, December 1993.