- B.S., University of Michigan, 1971
- B.S., University of New Mexico, 1979
- M.S., University of Minnesota, 1983
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 1985
- hybrid powertrains
- experimental/computational thermal analysis of internal combustion engines
- Thermal design
- Internal combustion engines
- Computational heat transfer
- Omer Faruk Tezcan, "Two Dimensional Velocity Measurements in the Vicinity of a Compressor Blade with a Hot-Wire Anemometer," 1988
- John S. Harrison, "The Design of a Methanol Engine Test Cell and the Thermodynamic Efficiency of an Engine Fueled by Gasoline and Gasoline-Methanol Blends," 1991
- James C. Steele, "M85 Versus Gasoline: Comparisons of Indicated Power and Combustion Characteristics," 1991
- Christian D. Heleen, "Performance Testing and Control System Parameters for an Experimental Coal Stoker," 1991
- Troy A. Werely, "ICE-Electric Hybrid Vehicle: Design, Construction, and Evaluation," 1997
- Lawrence H. Douglas Jr., "Finite Element Analysis of Heat Transfer Through Liner-Block Interface in a Spark Ignition Engine," 1998
- Jeffery S. Hart, "Multipoint Thermocouple for Measurement of Engine Block Temperatures and Heat Flux," 1998
- Matthew E. Fleming, "Design and Consturction of a Hybirid Electric Powertrain Test Cell," June, 2001
- Greg D.Len, "The Design and Implementation of a Control and Data Acquisition System with a Graphical User Interface for a Hybrid Electric Powertrain Test Cell," July, 2001
- Michael S. Palko Jr., "Enhanced Supervisory Control Program for a University-based Hybrid Electric Powertrain Test Cell with Torque and Speed Flexibility to Allow for Federal Drivecycle Testing," July, 2004
- Ian Doebber, "A comparative Studey Between the Fuel Efficiencies of Hybrid and Conventional automotive Propulsion Systems," April 2002
- Eric Snyder, "Modification of the Control Program of a Hybrid Electric Test Cell for the Federal Drive Cycle Testing," April 2003.
Matthew Fleming, G.Len, P. Stryker, "Design and Construction of a University-Based Hybrid Electric Powertrain Test Cell," SAE Paper number 2000-01-3106
Douglas, P.C. Stryker, "Thermal and Structural Finite Element Analysis of the Effect of Casting Voids at the Cylinder Liner-Block Interface," Proceedings IMechE & SAE, Vehicle Thermal Management Systems Conference, May 1999
J.S. Hart, P.C. Stryker, J. Ciaravino, "Multi-point Temperature Probe for Measuring Combustion Chamber Heat Fluxes and Surface Temperatures." Proceedings IMechE & SAE, Vehicle Thermal Management Systems Conference, May, 1999
L.H. Douglas, P.C. Stryker, "FEA of a Cylinder Liner-Engine Block Interface in a Spark Ignition Engine," Proceedings NAFEMS World Congress on Effective Engineering Analysis, April 1999
M.H. Jaber, R.L. Webb, P.C. Stryker, "An Experimental Investigation of Enhanced Tubes for Steam Condensers," Proceedings ASME, ASChE National Heat Transfer Conference, July 1991.
P.C. Stryker, "Development of Mechanical Engineering Energy Laboratories for a University-wide Engineering Survey Course," ASEE 1990 Annual Conference Proceedings, July 1990.
P.C. Stryker, E.M. Sparrow, "Application of a Spherical Thermal Conductivity Cell to Solid n-Eicosane Paraffin," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 33, 1990, pp. 1781-1793.
P.C. Stryker, E.J. Mastascusa, M. Bates, "A Study of a Greenhouse Design Utilizing Waste Heat and Computer-Aided Environmental Controls," Proceedings ASME Winter Annual Meeting, December 1989.
E.M. Sparrow, M.A. Ansari, P.C. Stryker, R. Ruiz, "Enhanced Heat Transfer from a Horizontal Finned Tube Situated in a Vertical Channel," Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 108, 1986, pp. 62-69.
E.M. Sparrow, P.C. Stryker, C.A.C. Altemani, "Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop in Flow Passages that are Open along Their Lateral Edges," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 28, No. 4, 1985, pp. 731-740.
E.M. Sparrow, P.C. Stryker, M.A. Ansari, "Natural Convection in Enclosures with Off-Center Interbodies," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 27, No. 1, 1984, pp. 49-56.