If you have applied for financial aid, please make sure you submit all of the required documents as soon as possible, as the deadline was May 5. If you need to access/review missing documents, please locate the Financial Aid gadget in myBucknell, click on Required Documents and select Financial Aid Year 2018-19. (See detailed instructions on how to access/review your missing documents.)
The Department of Education has cautioned financial aid offices to be extremely careful when speaking to or meeting with families regarding financial aid, as we are charged with protecting your confidential data. If you or your parents should contact Bucknell's Office of Financial Aid, please know that we will need to authenticate your identity before we may discuss any confidential financial aid information with you. Therefore, we are implementing a new "security word" process through myBucknell.
To create your security word, please complete the following steps. (See more detailed instructions.)
- Log in to myBucknell.
- Locate the "Financial Aid' gadget
- Click on "Required Documents."
- Select "Financial Aid Year 2018-2019" and hit submit.
- Locate the Financial Aid Security Question information and follow the link to the survey.
- Provide your security word and hit submit.
Your security word will be recorded in the Office of Financial Aid. Please keep in mind that this word will be part of your official financial aid file and therefore needs to be something both you and your parents will remember.
Loan programs are designated with "loan" on your award letter. If you decide you do not need to borrow to help pay your expenses, that is your decision. However, we do not have other funding to replace loans that you may decline.
If you wish to borrow you need to:
- Go to https://studentloans.gov to complete the two requirements below for your Federal Direct Loan. You will need to create an account. After you have signed in, you can then:
- Complete Entrance Counseling.
- Sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN), a legal document in which you promise to repay your loans and any accrued interest and fees.
- It is best to complete in May or early June so it will be reflected on your B-bill.
- If you wish to decline the loan, you can indicate on the Bucknell University Financial Aid Data Form or email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate you wish to decline the loan.
- For more information about the Federal Direct Loan, visit bucknell.edu/loans.
Need-Based Grant and/or Merit-based Scholarships
Student Disclosure/Named Scholarship Form: Complete online by June 30.
Complete this form if your financial aid package includes Bucknell Need-Based Grant and/or merit-based scholarships. Note: This is not an application for additional aid; rather, we will use the information you provide to connect your existing aid to named scholarships provided by our generous donors.
- Log into myBucknell.
- Click the Banner Web Quick Link on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the "FinAid" tab.
- Click on the "Student Disclosure/Named Scholarship Form."
- When the Welcome page for the Named Scholarship Form appears, click the "Continue" button.
If you have financial aid questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 570.577.1331 or email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!