Students often participate in research projects with faculty mentors. Recent projects include:
- Fabrication of Polymer-Clay Nanocomposites via Solid-State Processes
- Synthesis of Poly(lactic acid)-Silica Particles for Targeted Drug Delivery
- Development of Redox-Stable SOFC Electrodes for Fuel Cell Applications
Outside the Classroom
Each year, about 25 percent of our junior year engineering students study overseas at such locations as the United Kingdom, Australia and Spain.
Bucknell provides opportunities for students to find summer employment in industry, government or academia.
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Merck and Company, Inc.
- Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
- ExxonMobil Corp.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- University of Colorado
- Cherokee Pharmaceuticals