- B.Ch.E., University of Delaware
- Ph.D., University of California, Santa Barbara
- Product and process design
- Engineering mathematics
- Design of structured products
- Pharmaceutical engineering
- Modeling solid oxide fuel cells
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Co.
Honors and Awards
- AIChE Graduate Research Award in Separations
- UCSB Chemical Engineering Distinguished Service Award
- UCSB Materials Research Lab Fellowship
Kelly M. Carver and Ryan C. Snyder; "Unexpected Polymorphs and Unique Morphologies of Succinic Acid Crystalsfrom Monodisperse Droplet Evaporation", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2012; 51, 15720-15728.
Ryan C. Snyder and Michael F. Doherty; “Predicting Faceted Crystal Growth by Spiral Motion”, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, 2009; 465: 1145-1171.
Michael A. Lovette, Andrea R. Browning, Derek W. Griffin, Jacob P. Sizemore, Ryan C. Snyder Michael F. Doherty; “Crystal Shape Engineering”, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 2008; 47: 9812-9833.
Ryan C. Snyder, Stephane Veesler and Michael F. Doherty; “The Evolution of CrystalShape During Dissolution: Predictions and Experiments”, Crystal Growth and Design, 2008; 8: 1100-1101.
Ryan C. Snyder, Stephan Studenar and Michael F. Doherty; “Manipulation of Crystal Shape by Cycles of Growth and Dissolution”, AIChE Journal, 2007; 53: 1510-1517.
Ryan C. Snyder and Michael F. Doherty; “Faceted Crystal Shape Evolution During Dissolution or Growth”, AIChE Journal, 2007; 53: 1337-1348.