Can I submit my graduate application online?

The graduate application is available to submit online.

Do I need to complete a FASFA form in order to apply for an assistantship?

Assistantships include a stipend and tuition scholarship and are merit-based awards. You are not required to submit a federal financial form (FASFA), but doing so will allow you to see if you qualify for funding to cover living expenses and books etc.

How long will it be until I hear if I am accepted?

Individual departments review the applications following the February 1 deadline. Depending upon the department, you will be notified anywhere from 4-6 weeks after the department receives your application. A second round of acceptances may be notified after April 15.

Is health insurance coverage available to graduate students?

All full-time degree-seeking graduate students must show proof of current health insurance or purchase insurance through the University sponsored insurer. Information is available through the graduate studies office or the finance office located in Marts Hall.

Can I use the University student health services while I am a graduate student?

As a full-time graduate student you can use Bucknell Student Health. Please review their website at for additional student health requirements.

Is University housing available?

Bucknell University does not have graduate student housing. Graduate students are responsible for arranging their own housing. Apartment rentals are readily available in the town of Lewisburg and may be found by contacting local realtors or viewing the Message Center in myBucknell (logon provided once you are an accepted student).