Who Should Be Tested
Weekly sequential COVID-19 testing is required for unvaccinated employees (along with those who are not yet fully vaccinated) who are planning or required to be on campus at any time during the academic year. If you have not done so already, please submit documentation of your vaccination in Workday. The following exceptions apply:
- If your presence on campus will be limited and your work will be primarily remote, please speak with the OMG leader responsible for your department for a possible exemption.
- Anyone who has previously tested positive for COVID-19 should not be retested until 90 days after the date of their positive test.
- Employees who are fully vaccinated are not required to participate, beginning two weeks after they have completed the vaccine regime. Please submit documentation of your vaccination in Workday.
Fully vaccinated employees are not required to participate but may schedule up to one COVID-19 test per week at no charge if desired. Appointments are required and must be scheduled in the Aura app. Those who have not yet participated in the testing program should go to the Health and Wellness section of the Bucknell App and click on the Herd Health icon, which will prompt you to download Aura.
If you are symptomatic or have been identified as a close contact, do not go to the campus testing site. Contact your health care provider or obtain a test from an off-campus source.
Fall 2021 Testing
Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 6 a.m.–3:45 p.m.
Employee testing during fall 2021 will be available in the Graham Building lobby. Tests must be scheduled in the Aura app. Walk-ins will not be permitted. Testing will be offered twice per week on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Employees who are fully vaccinated are not required to participate in the University's sequential testing program, beginning two weeks after they have completed the vaccine regime, but may schedule up to one test per week if desired.
Faculty and staff should submit vaccination documentation through Workday to be removed from the sequential testing requirement. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 570-577-1631.
If You Are Symptomatic or Have Been in Contact With a COVID-positive Person
If you are experiencing symptoms, you should not come to campus. Contact your health care provider for instructions. If you are traveling, please follow orders from the Pennsylvania Department of Health COVID-19 information for travelers.
If you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive individual, do not go to the Bucknell testing site. The following list of resources are provided to assist you in locating a COVID-19 testing site:
- Geisinger: Please visit the COVID-19 testing website or call the COVID-19 hotline, 570-284-3657.
- Evangelical: Please visit the coronavirus updates website or call the COVID-19 Hotline, 570-522-4530. The hotline is available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- CVS: Please visit this COVID-19 testing website or call 1-866-389-ASAP (2727).
The following Urgent Care centers are typically available daily, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Urgent Care of Evangelical: Please visit their website or call 570-523-3006.
- MedExpress: Please visit the COVID-19 testing and evaluation website or call 570-743-7821.
- Geisinger: Geisinger has 24 urgent care centers Pennsylvania. More information is available here.
For additional testing locations in Pennsylvania, please visit the state provided resource.
Do not got to Bucknell Student Health for symptomatic testing or treatment. The center is for Bucknell students only.
Employees with positive results will be contacted by a University contact tracer. Employees enrolled in the Aura app can also access their results in that app. Individuals whose results are positive will also be contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health for contact tracing. Employees with positive results should contact their health care provider for directions on treatment and care. Human Resources will contact the employee to support them with appropriate workplace assistance, including but not limited to absence management, remote work, reasonable accommodations and eventual return to work. Human Resources will also notify those whose results are negative.
As a reminder, outside of the scheduled testing program, any employee who has symptoms (such as fever, cough or shortness of breath) should stay home, contact their health care provider and notify their supervisor. Sick employees should follow the instructions of their health care provider, including when it is safe to return to work.
Bucknell's on-site testing program does not preclude employees from seeking testing elsewhere or under the direction of their health care provider or public health officials.
For those covered under Bucknell's health insurance plans, co-pays, coinsurance and deductible expenses associated with COVID-19 testing elsewhere will be waived.
Employees who are tested elsewhere and have positive results must contact Human Resources by completing a COVID-19 intake form. This form is also available in the Absence worklet in Workday. If assistance is needed, contact Danielle Kraus at 570-577-1710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.