For everyone's health and safety, we ask that students, faculty and staff follow directional signage, staff instructions and the new operating changes that prioritize physical distancing and sanitation. All KLARC users will be required to:
- Check in and out at the front entrance monitor station using a valid BUID and go directly to their workout venue.
- Wear face coverings upon entry and at all times, even while actively exercising, except when participating in a water-based activity.
- Arrive fully dressed for physical activity and bring their own face coverings, full water bottle, and sweat cloth or towel.
- Follow signage reminders to wash or sanitize hands before, during and after exercise and strength equipment use. Cleaning supplies will also be provided throughout the facility for sanitizing equipment.
Locker rooms will be open for restroom use (except for Kinney Natatorium). Facility signage will remind all users to wash or sanitize hands before, during and after exercise and strength equipment use. Cleaning supplies will also be provided throughout the facility.
Hours, Capacity and Usage
Fitness center hours of operation and access will be limited based on sanitation schedules, capacity limits, and group fitness and programming schedules.
Visitors should expect:
- Wait times (to avoid waiting, make a reservation online)
- New touchless entry methods
- Carefully spaced free weights and cardio and pin-select strength equipment. (Please do not move equipment, and thoroughly clean with the provided cleaning supplies before and after use.)
Users are asked not to move equipment, and to thoroughly clean with the provided cleaning supplies before and after use.
Once the workout is finished, visitors should check out at the front entrance monitor station and exit the facility immediately through the main entry doors.
KLARC hours and usage guidelines
To avoid overcrowding and for visitor convenience, we recommend that users make an online reservation to work out at the KLARC or Kinney Natatorium. Reservations are available for:
- Krebs Family Fitness Center
- Group fitness classes
- Strength training equipment
- Rec swim lanes
- Climbing wall
- Golf course practice facilities
- Other athletics venues
Make a reservation
Traditional offerings and activities in the KLARC may be modified, require reservations or be suspended based on space limitations, type of activity, physical distancing or cleaning needs.
Learn more about wellness and group fitness offerings