How to Choose the Remote Learning Option
If you choose to remain away from campus and take classes remotely this fall, you must notify the University using this form no later than midnight EDT on Sunday, Aug. 16.
Once you inform us of your intentions, we will review your schedule and work with you to make any necessary adjustments to accommodate your remote instruction.
If you do not complete the form, Bucknell expects that you will return to Bucknell and engage in a residential learning experience.
How to Get Your Questions Answered
For questions about Fall 2020 academics, contact the associate dean from your college, listed below.
For majors in the College of Arts & Sciences, contact:
First- and second-year students:
Lynn Breyfogle, Associate Dean
Juniors and seniors:
Rich Robbins, Associate Dean
For majors in the College of Engineering, contact either:
Terri Norton, Associate Dean
Liz Clark, Administrative Assistant
For majors in the Freeman College of Management, contact either:
Ivy Kepner, Associate Dean
Leslie Velz, Academic Support Specialist
Resources for Students Learning Remotely
If you choose the remote option for the Fall 2020 semester, you'll continue to have access to:
- Your adviser, TAs, lab instructors, academic associate deans and library resources.
- Instructional support, including the Teaching & Learning Center, Writing Center and other academic support services.
- Technical support from Library & Information Technology.
- Counseling & Student Development Center consultation via Telehealth.
- Bucknell Student Health, including the University nutritionist.
- Title IX resources.
- Accessibility resources.
- Bias incident reporting.
- Diversity, equity & inclusion offices and resources.
- Clubs and organizations and University activities, via virtual programming.
- Center for Career Advancement support and resources.
- Student support from all University offices.
Regulations for Students Learning Remotely
Please know that if you choose the fall remote learning option, the following terms will apply:
- You will not be able to return to Bucknell to visit during the Fall 2020 semester, as the University will limit visitors to campus. Students who violate this policy will be cited through the Student Code of Conduct.
- You will not be charged for room and board if you are not in residence on the Bucknell campus. Note that you will forfeit your fall housing assignment.
- If you receive financial aid, your financial aid package will be reviewed and may be adjusted proportionally if you are not charged for room and board. For questions related to financial aid, please call 570-577-1331 or email email@example.com.
- If you elect to participate in your academic program exclusively through remote instruction, please be aware that tuition for this academic year will not be adjusted based on the method of instruction. If you have additional billing questions, please contact Bursar Services at 570-577-3733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The remote option pertains to the Fall 2020 semester only. When you return to campus for spring 2021, you will receive a new housing assignment.