Employment During Winter Break
Students who have worked on campus during the fall semester will be permitted to complete their work assignments off campus during the winter break, as needed by the University and approved by senior management.
The following guidelines must be met for a student to be eligible to complete their work off campus between Nov. 1, 2020, and Jan. 31, 2021:
- The student must not have chosen the Option for Remote Learning for the fall semester prior to Nov. 1, and their position request must have been submitted in Workday by Oct. 30 and have an effective start date prior to Nov. 1.
- Approval for remote student employment will be made after review by senior management. The work performed by students should be of such a nature that it can be done remotely, and should support the core purpose of the University or be needed to complete a research or educational project.
- Students who choose the Option for Remote Learning for the spring semester will not be eligible for student employment during the spring semester.
- Students who are approved to stay on campus over winter break are also eligible to work. The need to work on campus is not an approved reason to be able to stay on campus after Nov. 20, 2020.
- New student employment positions with an effective start date between Nov. 1, 2020, and Jan. 29, 2021, will not be approved.