Seven members of the Bucknell University staff recently were honored at the annual staff picnic with the presentation of the Geiger and Zeller Awards.
The Walter C. Geiger Memorial Award recognizes members of the administrative staff who demonstrate sustained excellence and embrace Bucknell's core competencies in the conduct of their administrative responsibilities. The award honors the late Walter C. Geiger, director of facilities.
Recipients of the 2018 Geiger Awards were April Dills, assistant registrar for degree audit in the Office of the Registrar; Heather Johns, director of content strategy in the Division of Communications; and Angelo Vieceli, senior project manager in Facilities.
Dills works closely with the academic deans, the College Core Curriculum Committee and faculty advisers to ensure that students meet their academic requirements for graduation.
Johns collaborates with faculty and staff to help them tell their stories in many communications disciplines, including writing, editing, design, video, photography and social media.
Vieceli has been responsible for managing the planning, design and construction of some of the University's largest and most complex building projects. || Previous Geiger Award winners
The John F. Zeller Memorial Award for support staff excellence honors the late John F. Zeller, former vice president for business and fiscal affairs and general counsel emeritus. The award recognizes support staff who demonstrate consistent excellence in the conduct of their responsibilities.
Recipients of the 2018 Zeller Awards were Pat Brantlinger, a custodial section supervisor in Facilities; Rex Cutchall, a fleet supervisor with Facilities; Sherri Foster, academic assistant for the Department of Political Science; and Steph McKinney, administrative assistant for Engineering Student Services.
Brantlinger was recognized for being an excellent campus ambassador and providing outstanding service to Bucknellians and campus guests.
Cutchall purchases and maintains vehicles in the motor pool, often coming up with novel solutions for repairs.
Foster makes herself readily available to provide personal and professional support to faculty and students, and serves as a mentor for many other academic assistants.
McKinney has helped the College of Engineering continue to operate at a high level during a time of transition, filling many roles during staff vacancies. || Previous Zeller Award winners
Also recognized at the staff picnic were Shana Ebright, administrative assistant, Department of Communications, who received a bachelor of arts degree in letters, arts & sciences from Pennsylvania State University; Brian Gockley, assistant director of the Teaching & Learning Center, who received a doctorate in higher education from Pennsylvania State University; and Jill Hallam-Miller, blended learning librarian, who received a master's in educational technology from Boise State University.
In addition, participants in the University's Emerging Leaders program were recognized. They were:
- Mary Buck, administrative assistant, Admissions
- Patty Driver, academic assistant, Department of Education
- Lorraine Eisenhuth, system integrator, Library & Information Technology
- Stephie Farnsworth, assistant director, network and telephony, Library & Information Technology
- Angie Greco, custodial section supervisor, Facilities
- Missy Gutkowski, assistant director, experiential programs, College of Management
- Lisa Hemrick, office coordinator, Events Management
- Gale Kline, custodial section supervisor, Facilities
- Danielle Kraus, benefits specialist, Human Resources
- Mike Latorre, business intelligence analyst, Library & Information Technology
- Rita Liu, assistant director, Institutional Research
- Mary Marshall, manager, Annual Fund Programs
- Becky Meng, development administrative support manager, Development & Alumni Relations
- Jason Milner, director, Engineering Success Alliance, College of Engineering
- Gary Napp, plumbing supervisor, Facilities
- Amie Reif, office assistant, Provost's Office
- Melissa Schnars, administrative assistant, President's Office
- Megan Shingara, assistant director, off-campus programs, Alumni Relations
- Paul Shipton, officer, Public Safety
- Marilyn Shull, senior assistant director, Bucknell Public Interest Program, Career Development Center
- Amy Smalt, campus planner, Facilities
- Holly Wenrick, office coordinator, Card Services & Student Transit
- Jody Young, custodial section supervisor, Facilities