Protestant Christian religious life at Bucknell offers students opportunities for worship, service, social life and study that include may different theological and cultural styles. There are small groups and large groups, national Christian fellowships and homegrown Bucknell communities. All share a common Christian commitment, support and encouragement for their members.
The Rooke Chapel Congregation is a welcoming ecumenical Protestant Christian community for students, faculty, staff and friends from the greater Lewisburg area. Activities include Sunday worship, Wednesday night dinners, occasional study groups and service projects.
The Fellowship House, 628 St. George St., is the informal home of Sojourners Christian Fellowship and related activities. It provides space for students to cook, relax, meditate and meet in small groups. There is also interfaith space on the second floor.
Programs and events
Protestant students find many ways to become involved in faith-based activities at Bucknell. These include
- Weekly worship at Rooke Chapel, with opportunities to volunteer at services
- Wednesday-night dinners at the Fellowship House
- Sojourners Christian Fellowship, featuring Bible study, retreats and service projects
- DiscipleMakers Christian fellowship
- The Gathering campus ministry, with music, dance, drama, Bible study, prayer and fellowship
- Voices of Praise Gospel Choir
- InterVarsity, with Thursday-night worship services, Bible study, and off-campus retreats and camps
- Rooke Chapel Ensemble
Learn more about Rooke Chapel Congregation and Sojourners Christian Fellowship.
111 Rooke Chapel, 570.577.1592