ARTstor Image Repository
ARTstor is a repository that allows you to search for and view digital images of art, both online and offline. In the ten available collections to search from there are tens of thousands of digital facsimiles of art. Students, faculty, and staff on the Bucknell network may access these collections.
There are two ways to use ARTstor:
- Online Image Viewer
The Online Image Viewer may be used by the Bucknell community. Once you log in, you will be able to search for and view digital images from the following collections:
- The Image Gallery
- Art History Survey Collection
- Carnegie Arts of the United States
- Hartill Archive of Architecture and Allied Arts
- Huntington Archive of Asian Art
- Illustrated Bartsch
- Mellon International Dunhuang Archive
- Museum of Modern Art Architecture and Design Collection
- Native American Art and Culture from the National Anthropological Archives, Smithsonian Institution
- The Schlesinger History of Women in America Collection
To access these collections you must log in through the Online Image Viewer. When you log into ARTstor for the first time, you will be prompted to register to create an account. You must use your Bucknell e-mail address. For security purposes, please use a password that is NOT your Bucknell e-mail password. After you activate your account, click the Logon button on the right side of the screen.
For help using the Online Image Viewer you may view the ARTstor online help, or alternatively go directly to one of these main topics:
- Offline Image Viewer
The Offline Image Viewer is a tool for faculty to use to create and display presentations. To get started using the Offline Image Viewer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an authorization code.
For help on using the software you may view the Offline Image Viewer online help, or alternatively go directly to one of these main topics: