August 2006 News
- Bucknell Dance Company departing for China tour
Twenty members of the Bucknell Dance Company depart Sunday, Aug. 13, for a two-week tour of China, where the company will perform as the only U.S. representative at the International Ode to Peace Festival.
- Bucknell SBDC offers record-keeping seminar
The Bucknell SBDC will host a record-keeping seminar Sept. 6 in the SBDC Business Education Center in Lewisburg.
- Yates to discuss Delaney exhibition at Samek Art Gallery
Sam Yates will discuss “The Art of Joseph Delaney,” Aug. 29 at 5 p.m. in the Gallery Theatre of the Elaine Langone Center at Bucknell.
- Jazz at Bucknell features Don Byron Ivey-Divey Trio
The Don Byron Ivey-Divey Trio will perform Sept. 6 at 8:30 p.m. in Bucknell Hall as part of the ongoing Jazz at Bucknell First Wednesdays series.
- Bucknell Habitat chapter breaks ground on new house Aug. 26
The Bucknell chapter of Habitat for Humanity, in partnership with the Union-Snyder Habitat for Humanity, will break ground on a new house Saturday, Aug. 26.
- Joyce Carol Oates is Janet Weis Fellow
Bucknell University has named the award-winning and best-selling author Joyce Carol Oates this year’s Janet Weis Fellow in Contemporary Letters.
- Susquehanna River conference slated for Bucknell Sept. 23
A day-long conference focusing on initiatives and collaborative efforts to improve the health of the Susquehanna River basin and its communities will be held at Bucknell Saturday, Sept. 23.
- Solar array now powers Environmental Center
Ritter House, the new home of the Bucknell Environmental Center, is now being powered in part by a 2.5 kilowatt solar array.
- Hess named Multicultural Student Services director
Jessica Quintana Hess has been named director of the Office of Multicultural Student Services at Bucknell.
- Men's basketball 2006-07 schedule, ticketing announced
Bucknell's 2006-07 men’s basketball schedule and ticketing information have been announced. The home opener is Nov. 14 against Wake Forest.
- University completes NCAA athletics recertification
The NCAA Division I Committee on Athletics Certification announced that Bucknell has been formally certified without conditions following the successful review of an extensive, University-wide self-study.