Please note: You are viewing an archived Bucknell University news story. It is possible that information found on this page has become outdated or inaccurate, and links and images contained within are not guaranteed to function correctly.
[X] Close this message.
Sept. 15, 2004
LEWISBURG, Pa. — Bucknell's newest facility — the Breakiron Engineering Building — will be officially dedicated on Saturday, Sept. 18, at 2:30 p.m.
Open for the fall 2004 semester, the Breakiron Building complements the Charles A. Dana Engineering Building, begun in 1921 and completed in 1940.
The modern $8 million Breakiron structure, complete with state-of-the-art technology, covers 38,000 square feet and brings much-needed lab, classroom, and office space to the benefit of Bucknell's College of Engineering.
Whereas Dana provides only 130 square feet of space per student, the College of Engineering now enjoys 200 square feet per student.
The new facility is named for trustee and lead donor Lauren P. Breakiron, from the Class of 1952, and his wife, Margit.
The Breakiron Engineering Building sits directly south of Dana Engineering and east of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity house.
The dedication is open to the public and will include tours of the new building.