Bucknell refunds student account credit balances in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Students who have a credit balance on their billing account may be eligible for a refund. The University does not automatically issue refunds unless required under Title IV (federal aid exceeds allowable billing charges), or the student graduates or withdrawals from the University. If a student does not request a refund, the credit balance will remain on the student's account to offset future charges.
- To request a refund, students must use the offical online refund request form. From within myBucknell, the form can be accessed in the B-bill section of myAccounts. Bucknell will no longer accept refund requests via e-mail or hard copy forms.
- Refunds are normally processed within two weeks from the submission of the online refund request form or after the drop/add period, whichever is later.
- Credit balances that are the result of the TMS payment plan will not be refunded until all payments are received for the semester. Alternatively, the TMS plan may be adjusted to reduce the credit on the student account by contacting TMS directly.
- The quickest way for a student to receive their funds is to set up an eRefunds profile within B-bill, Bucknell's online billing service. Students can enroll online to receive their refunds directly deposited into their bank checking or savings account. This feature is not available to authorized users.
- Students without an eRefunds profile will have a check mailed to them at their campus address unless they request otherwise on their online refund request form.
- Actual refunds received may be less than the amount requested due to additional charges or changes in the student's financial aid package from the time the refund request is submitted until processed. There is no need to send another request.
- Specific credit and refund guidelines exist for students receiving financial assistance under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended. This refund policy is available in its entirety in the University Catalog. Questions concerning these guidelines should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid by phone at 570. 577.1331 or e-mail email@example.com.
For assistance with refunds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 570.577.3733.