This letter is sent only to financial aid applicants who are selected for verification by the Department of Education.
Our office has been notified by the Department of Education that your file was selected for a process called federal verification. For Bucknell's verification process, we need copies of federal tax returns and W-2s, but the Department of Education's verification process is a little different.
Please login to your myBucknell account and complete the documents that are listed under "Unsatisfied Requirements." These requirements need to be completed before any funds can be credited to your student account, so be sure to complete everything by August 1.
If you have any questions, please contact us at either 570.577.1331 or email@example.com.
Steps to See Your Financial Aid Requirements
- Login to myBucknell.
- Select the Banner Web channel.
- Select the Financial Aid tab.
- Select Eligibility.
- Select the appropriate aid year and then click Submit.
- Complete any items listed under "Unsatisfied Requirements."
Please note: If Banner Web indicates that you need to utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Process, please see the reverse side of this letter for instructions on how to complete it.
Bucknell University Office of Financial Aid
How to Complete the IRS Data Retrieval Process
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and use your PIN to get to your FAFSA record.
- Select "Financial Information" on the toolbar.
- If your parents have filed a tax return, be sure that the filing status is marked as "Already Completed." (If a tax return was not filed, make sure to select "not going to file.")
- If you (the student) have filed a tax return, be sure that the filing status is marked as "Already Completed." (If a tax return was not filed, make sure to select "not going to file.")
- Click "Link to IRS."
- On the IRS website, enter the requested information.
- Once the IRS has validated your identification, your IRS tax information will display. Check "Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA" and then click the "Transfer Now" button.
- Do not change any of the imported data.
- Submit your updated FAFSA.
- This process will need to be completed for both the parent and student if tax returns were filed.
- If you have any questions regarding IRS Data Retrieval, you may contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). Their customer service team is a great resource and can answer any questions you may have.
If you are unable to utilize the IRS Data Retrieval process, you will need to request a Tax Return Transcript. For information on how to request a Tax Return Transcript, please go to www.bucknell.edu//IRSTranscriptRequest. You will be required to submit the Tax Return Transcript to the Office of Financial Aid to satisfy your federal verification requirement. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.