The Parents Association Board of Directors serves as an Advisory Board.
Board Members are expected to fulfill the following obligations.
- Serve as a member of the Parents Board for the duration of your student's enrollment at Bucknell.
- Attend and participate in two Board meetings on‐campus, per year.
• 2015 Spring Meeting: On-Campus Orientation for new members takes place on Thursday of the spring meeting.
• 2015 Fall Family Weekend: On-Campus
• 2016 Spring Meeting: On-Campus
- Make a gift annually to the Parents Fund in accordance with your capability, and preferably at a leadership level ($2,500+).
- Learn about Bucknell, its mission, programs, activities, and the Comprehensive Campaign.
- Learn about the Bucknell Parents Association, its mission, membership and activities.
- Decide how you would like to make a difference for Bucknell and carry out your work in your assigned committee.
- Participate in the First‐Year Parent Welcome Call Program.
• Telephone first‐year parents in your geographic area to welcome them to the Bucknell family, answer questions, and serve as a contact.
- Participate in activities outside of your committee work that support the Parents Board, such as:
• Host interns and externs at your place of business
• Represent Bucknell at admissions events, college fairs, etc.
• Solicit other parents on behalf of the Parents Fund
• Attend Bison Gatherings (first year families/student regional summer receptions) in your area
- Be responsive to the Office of the Parents Fund and Family Programs at Bucknell for requests, such as meeting invitations and inform the office of any updates for your contact information, etc.
- Be an advocate for Bucknell and serve as a resource for families in your geographic area.
- Participate in regional Bucknell Club events.
Parents Board Application Process
- Each year we accept applications from first-year and sophomore parents.
- The next application period is July 1, 2015 - January 1, 2016 for the Board term beginning in April 2016.
- Online applications are reviewed by the Membership Committee in February.
- Parents are notified of their application outcome by March 2.
- Approximately 80 parent applications are received annually.
- Approximately 24 parent invitations are made to new members annually.
- We are looking for energetic volunteers whose support could contribute significantly to the Parents Association Board of Directors, its mission, and The Plan For Bucknell.
- If you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org