Please note: You are viewing an archived Bucknell University news story. It is possible that information found on this page has become outdated or inaccurate, and links and images contained within are not guaranteed to function correctly.
[X] Close this message.
Updated April 27, 2013
By Kathryn Kopchik
LEWISBURG, Pa. — The College of Engineering at Bucknell University will host a series of events showcasing senior engineering design projects.
Every graduating engineer takes part in a final "Senior Design" experience, resulting in a plan, device, innovation, or design to meet the needs of a client, according to Margot Vigeant, Associate Dean of the College of Engineering and Professor of Chemical Engineering.
"This year, students have designed and built a mini-baja car, new medical devices, useful apps, sustainable land-use plans, and soft- and hardware to support citizen science.
"They have also investigated processes to help local small businesses make their products more cost-effectively. Students will be available to discuss their work and will even demonstrate many of their prototypes." she said
The schedule of presentations open to the general public are:
Tuesday, April 30
- Chemical Engineering Senior Design video presentations, 11 to 11:20 a.m., Dana 113; Chemical Engineering Senior Design posters and demonstrations, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Dana 139, Dana 242, Dana 033; map of demos in Dana 113.
- German for Natural Scientists and Engineers poster presentations and conversation (in German and English), 11 a.m. to 12:52 p.m., Dana 115.
- Biomedical Engineering Senior Design poster presentations and demos, noon to 2 p.m., Dana 117. Note: attendees must sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Senior Design poster presentations and demos, noon to 2 p.m., Room 263, Breakiron Engineering Building.
- Mechanical Engineering Senior Design poster presentations and demos, noon to 3 p.m., Dana 134.
- Biomedical Engineering Biotransport poster presentations, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Dana Engineering Lobby.
- Computer Science Senior Design poster presentations and demos, 4:45 to 6 p.m., Breakiron Lobby, ground floor.
Contact: Division of Communications