Thank you for your interest in this great program, where eligible Bucknell students, with established financial need, can earn money while assisting the local community by working with approved non-profit organizations.
Process to apply for a Community Service Federal Work Study Position (CSFWS):
- Review "Things You Should Know" about Federal Work Study.
- These positions are work study only, which means federal work study must be in your financial aid package. Please verify you are eligible for and currently have federal work study as a part of your financial aid package. If you are unsure, please contact the the Office of Financial Aid.
- Once you have verified you have federal work study, please review the community service job descriptions listed on The BRIDGE. If there is a position that interests you, please contact the Office of Civic Engagement at 570.577.3973 to set up an appointment. This appointment will be 10-15 minutes long. We will verify your work study eligibility and give you the agency contact information for the position. Please note, all of these positions are off campus and some are not within walking distance.
- After receiving the agency information, make an appointment with the contact person. After you meet with that person and they have offered you a job, they MUST sign the Employment Form you received when you met with Jose. Next, bring the Employment Form back to the Office of Civic Engagement for processing. If the form does not return fully completed, you are not considered employed, and you may not begin work.
- Each student will need to be enrolled for direct deposit through the Payroll Office. Each student employee must fill out a W-9, I-9 and Direct Deposit Authorization Form all of which can be found on the Payroll page in myBucknell.