To enroll as a host site for Community Service Work Study student employees:
1. Create a job description for the position at your agency. Please as be specific as possible so applicants will have an accurate picture of your agency, tasks to be performed and the expectations of the job as well as the necessary qualifications.
2. Once you have a working job description, please fill out the online form here. To see a sample job description, click here. Once you press submit you should be redirected to a page that will have a contract that each agency MUST fill out and send back to us. Without this contract, your job description will not be posted. If you are unable to fill out the online form, please contact Jennifer at 577-3973.
3. When we receive a signed contract and a job description, we will post your position on a website for eligible students. Please note: while we try to find students to meet agency needs, some positions each year are not filled for a variety of reasons. Time schedules and lack of transportation keep some students close to campus.
4. Interested students will contact our office so that their work study status can be verified. Once their status is verified, we will give them the contact information for the agency with jobs that best meet their schedule and work interests.
When a student contacts you for employment:
1. Please take time to talk with the student about your expectations for this position and other details of the job. You are not obligated to offer the position to a student who is not a good match. If you hire an individual, they will have an Employment Form for you to sign verifying that you have hired them. On this form, the total amount of work study dollars they are eligible to earn will be listed. All community service work study students earn $8.25 an hour.
2. After the student meets with you and the Employment Form is signed, the student needs to return it to our office to process through Financial Aid. A student will not be considered employed if the Employment Form is not returned to our office. Any hours worked prior to the completion of this process will not be paid for by Bucknell and the agency will be responsible for compensating the student for this time.
When you have a student employee:
1. You will be responsible for sending an email verifying the amount of hours worked every two weeks. Jennifer Lassahn will be reminding you bi-weekly via email. Please make every effort to complete this task on time so that student employees are paid on a regular basis. Without your approval, students may be forced to wait an extra two weeks before they are paid.
2. If a student is not fulfilling the responsibilities of the job, please contact our office, 570-577-3973.
The following links are virtual breadcrumbs marking the 12 most recent pages you have visited in Bucknell.edu. If you want to remember a specific page forever click the pin in the top right corner and we will be sure not to replace it. Close this message.