In a Crisis
Crisis services are provided primarily for urgent mental health situations. If your concern is not urgent, we ask that you contact the office during regular business hours to speak with a counselor and/or schedule an appointment.
When a crisis is primarily a mental health concern, please consider the following options:
- Call 570-577-1604 the Counseling & Student Development Center Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (summer hours are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.). Let the front desk staff member know it is an emergency.
- After business hours, dial 570-577-1604 and choose Option 2 to speak with the on-call counselor.
- Call Bucknell Public Safety at 570-577-1111.
- Dial 911.
- Contact the Mental Health TAP Line (local community agency providing 24-hour crisis intervention) at 1-800-222-9016.
- Go to the emergency room of Evangelical Hospital on Route 15 in Lewisburg.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
- Crisis Text Line (crisistextline.org): Text HOME to 741741 at any time, for any type of crisis. If you’re a person of color who is experiencing a crisis, you can also text STEVE to 741741 to connect with a trained crisis counselor of color. Students in the LGBTQ community can access crisis resources here or text START to 678-678.
Counseling & Student Development Center
Graham Building, 7th Street Entrance
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.