Adam BurgosAssistant Professor of Philosophy
Affiliated Faculty in Critical Black Studies and Latin American Studies
About Adam Burgos
- Ph.D. Vanderbilt University
- M.A. American University
- B.A. University of Pennsylvania
Teaching and Scholarly Interests
- Social and political philosophy
- Philosophy of race
- Latin American Philosophy
- 19th and 20th century continental philosophy
- Political Philosophy and Political Action: Imperatives of Resistance. Rowman & Littlefield International, 2017.
- Neither Race nor Ethnicity: Latinidad as a Social Affordance (with Alejandro Arango). Journal of Social Philosophy. Online first, December 16, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1111/josp.12500
- Legitimacy, Resistance, and the Stakes of Politics. Philosophy & Social Criticism. Online first, June 29, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1177/0191453722111089
- A Dialectical Taxonomy of Resistance. The Harvard Review of Philosophy, Volume XXVIII: Resistance. Fall 2021. Online First: October 5, 2021. https://doi.org/10.5840/harvardreview202193039
- Race. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. With Michael James. Updated May 25, 2020.
- Laclau, Populism, and Emancipation: From Latin America to the U.S. Latino/a Context. Inter-American Journal of Philosophy 5:1 (May 2014).
209B Vaughan Literature Building