Douglas AllenProfessor of Markets, Innovation & Design
About Douglas Allen
- PhD, Business Administration, Marketing/Consumer Behavior, Pennsylvania State University, 1995.
- MS, Business Administration, Marketing, Bucknell University, 1990.
- BS, Business Administration, Marketing, Bucknell University, 1988.
Faculty Research Interests
- Consumption and the sociohistorically embedded, embodied self. History of intellectual thought in Marketing. Consumption, design, and innovation. Understanding financial investing as a consumption phenomenon
Recent and Representative Publications
Greenhalgh, A., Allen, E. D., Nesteruk, J., (2022) Insight and Sight: The Interplay Between the Humanities and Business and the Impact on Student Well Being. Oxford University Press.
Kedzior, R., Allen, E. D., (2016) From liberation to control: understanding the selfie experience. European Journal of Marketing. 50(9/10), 1893-1902. dx.doi.org/10.1108/ejm-07-2015-0512
Kedzior, R., Allen, E. D., Schroeder, J., (2016) The selfie phenomenon – consumer identities in the social media marketplace. European Journal of Marketing. 50(9/10), 1767-1772. dx.doi.org/10.1108/ejm-06-2016-0363
Allen, E. D., (2002) Toward a Theory of Consumer Choice as Sociohistorically Shaped Practical Experience: The Fits-Like-a-Glove (FLAG) Framework. Journal of Consumer Research. 28(4), 515-532. https://doi.org/10.1086/338202
Recent Courses Taught
- MIDE 304, Marketing Management.
- MIDE 315, Advanced Topics in MIDE.
- MIDE 300, Markets, Innovation & Design.
- MIDE 220, Building Innovative Character.
- MIDE 315, Special Topics in MIDE.
Awards and Honors
- Robert Ferber Award, Journal of Consumer Research, (1995).
- College of Business 1994 Outstanding Graduate Student Teacher Award, (1994).
308 Holmes Hall